That's a good response Alan.

There are still some things that I would like to reply to specifically.

> Ugh, I haven't finished reading the GOF's book.

As you read the book, I would suggest refering to it for your current
projects. The book is accually designed to be easily used as a refrence,
you'll most likely have to consult it even when you're finished.

> I think I need brain vitamins. Could you suggest one? ;)

Haha, eating nuts and seeds is a great way of maintaining a healthy level of
brain glucose ;)

> In your experience, are patterns useful in small projects?

Abstract from computing, it's important to realize that we organize
complexities from existing premises; more complex patterns are designed
using lesser complex patterns. The lesser complex patterns are so
fundamental that we often don't even recognize them. I am certain that you
are using patterns in your small projects. Delegations are a good example,
simply because no system, computer or other, is able to function without the
ability to route information.

> You know, I've
> been learning patterns through
> "C#.NET Design Patterns" and so far, to me, patterns only useful in big
> projects (in small ones, it might make
> things overcomplicated). Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

You're correct, using the wrong pattern for a problem may over complicate a
system. It's important to properly select your patterns. The GOF book will
help you understand which pattern, and sometimes pattern compsite, will best
solve a problem.

Take care,

M.