When I us MovieClips in a class i can create references to the class inside the clip for calling class functions.
*** example:
clip_mc.classreference = this;
clip_mc.onPress = function () {
        this.classreference.classFunction();
classFunction(){
        trace("Called from clip_mc");

*** My case:

class SomeClass {

        var data_xml:XML;

        public function SomeClass() {

                data_xml = new XML();

                data_xml.onLoad = function(suksess) {
                        if (suksess) {

                                // Parsing...

                                // After parsing I want to call the function
pushData()

        public function pushData(data) {

                trace("Data recieved");

I need to do something similar, but with xml-objects. I know I can reach the class instance via _root.someclassinstance.pushData(), but I don´t want to do it properly.

Best regards
Peter Måseide