On Feb 25th 2006 Andreas Rønning wrote:
> This is very serious. The majority of my work is kiosk apps.
> Any more details on this, official Macromedia stance on it? Future fixes?

Does anyone have more information on this? For instance what kind of
features or media types or actionscript are causing the leak?

We have a flash 8 application that has to be able to run for months
without rebooting, but was leaking memory at 31Mb/hour! I realized I
still had a textarea logger running but having removed that it is still
leaking at 5MB/hour.

We've tried running it as Flash 7, and also tried disabling all flv
movies, but it still seems to leak at the same rate. Does that sound
like something wrong we're doing in the actionscript (e.g. somehow
holding on to references so stopping the garbage collector freeing the
memory?) or like a player bug?

Is there a way to force the garbage collector to run? (our application
often has the CPU near 100% - I wondered if garbage collection only
happens when the CPU is quiet?)

Has anyone seen the memory leak go away when switching to zinc or a
similar projector?

Any advice would be very welcome,

Darren