Michael Kønig wrote:
The movie is set to 30 fps but plays at around 23 and I have a good computer!

That's quite possible. The framerate is a top limit, not a bottom gate. Depending on the content, and what else that computer is being asked to do at that time, and (if playing in a browser) how frequently the particular browser lets its plugins access the processor, you'll see the system work as hard as it can to meet (but not exceed) the framerate you set.

Lots of people set framerates too high... you can see these SWFs start to choke up your computer when playing a dozen or so of them simultaneously in different browser windows... all of them straining to meet the high framerate simultaneously.

It's good to test ambitious work on some low-end machines.

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd