That sounds about right to me!

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Merrill,
Jason
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 2:02 PM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] .NET and XML Web services

Thanks Dave! Thanks Tom!  I'm learning a lot here.

So the million dollar question for me is:

What is the best way, building for Flash player 7, for me to get an XML
message (which contains the entire XML doc - but a true message/variable
whatever, not the literal physical XML file) into an XML object in Flash
(so I can use xfactorstudios XPATH classes to traverse it)?

My coworker is going to be using some .NET development techniques to
create a webservice for me which draws data from a SQLServer database.

So far, it seems like this approach is recommended:

1. Use the Webservices Classes to connect to a WSDL via http.
2. Call a SOAP method in the WSDL that returns an XML message (turn off
decoding on the SOAP call to get the pure XML).
3. Load the XML message into a Flash XML object.
4. Do what I want with the Flash XML object at that point.

Jason