I can't find docs for xfactor XPath, but a quick look at the XPath class
seems to show that you need to pass an XML Node.  Doesn't look like it
accepts a string.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Merrill,
Jason
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 2:51 PM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] .NET and XML Web services

...unless in your comment about Xpath maybe what you were saying is
instead of loading into a Flash XML object:

//this is my guess as to how it would work
//after the WSDL was loaded and the call made
//(myXML is the SOAP webservice pure XML return)
myXML = xmlWebServiceResult;
var theXMLObject:XML = new XML();
theXMLObject.load(myXML);
XPath.selectNodes(theXMLObject, "the/path/string")

I do can just do this as a string instead:

myXML = xmlWebServiceResult;
XPath.selectNodes(myXML, "the/path/string");

Right?  Or no?  Maybe XPath *can* take an XML string instead of an XML
object.

Thanks!

Jason