Glad to be of help Rick.

On the font embedding thing v. the font being installed on your machine, I'm
pretty sure that if you specify a font but don't embed any characters then
Flash will use the installed font but if you embed then Flash will only look
to the embedded characters for display and will ignore the installed version
of the font. Hope that makes sense!

Good luck with your deadline!

A.

On 7/5/06, Danny Kodicek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Chris: Thanks for elaborating on the restrict issue. Looks like I won't
> need to explore it just yet, but it's good to know about. (Since I'm
> very new to the Flash/Actionscript thing and am learning 'on the job'
> with a project deadline looming I'm being pragmatic and just learning
> the bits of AS that I need to make the project work. I'll flesh out my
> knowledge afterward).

Just to clarify: I'm pretty sure the restrict property only affects
user-typed input, not text that you add dynamically with code.

Danny