http://knowledge.lapasa.net/?p=22

(my review of Senocular's take on the mxmlc compiler)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Beverly
Guillermo
Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 3:22 PM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] [AS3] Compiling just from AS3 code, no mxml
files

Hello,

I think it's infinitely more complicated but you could look at the generated
actionscript files that get generated after compiling the mxml code.  Use
the -keep as an argument to mxmlc.

For simpler examples, in the Actionscript 3.0 Language Reference document
(or the LiveDocs) there are examples that use extends the Sprite class.  I
find those more helpful then seeing the generated code. :)

I hope that helps!
Beverly