Sounds like you need books on OOP rather than ActipnScript. You are not
going to find a book on OOP with ActionScript at the moment. Rather you are
going to have to branch out a bit. Here are some books that I would suggest.
At the least they will get you looking in the right direction.

Object Design: Roles, Responsibilities, and Collaborations
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0201379430/sr=1-2/qid=1152976161/ref=sr_1_2/103-7225829-0820628?ie=UTF8&s=books
*

*Object-Oriented Analysis and Design : Understanding System Development with
UML 2.0
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0470092408/sr=1-1/qid=1152976161/ref=sr_1_1/103-7225829-0820628?ie=UTF8&s=books

These will then lead you into Design Patterns

Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software*
*
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0201633612/sr=1-1/qid=1152977206/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-7225829-0820628?ie=UTF8&s=books
*
*
Head First Design Patterns
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0596007124/sr=1-2/qid=1152977206/ref=pd_bbs_2/103-7225829-0820628?ie=UTF8&s=books

Design Patterns Explained : A New Perspective on Object-Oriented Design
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0321247140/sr=1-3/qid=1152977206/ref=pd_bbs_3/103-7225829-0820628?ie=UTF8&s=books

Personally, I found the Head First Design Patterns book to be the most
useful. Even though it uses Java as the language to show its examples, those
examples are very simple to understand and translate. Understanding the
different ways to structure your classes and extend them is huge. Thus
patterns are a great place to learn OOP.

Charles P.