as far as I've seen there's no way to return any values from a file upload.
There was something I saw where you could return different HTTP header codes
back to flash to get some sort of control over what was sent back, but even
that still wouldnt send back any data.

jeroen's suggestion might work, or if you have a lot of data maybe you can
even save a text file to the server and read that in after the onComplete.