As long as it's fully supported and not just bolted on the side, that's fine
by me.  However I would hedge my bets that HX will slowly move away as
Apollo steps in.  I'll certainly use it in the meantime, but I suspect the
gravity of the HaXe/Screenweaver partnership will win out overall (and
probably should).

On 8/31/06, David Rorex <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I hope you're not giving up because you think you have to use haXe for
all of your apps:

> On top of 'standard' haXe-to-haXe communications, Screenweaver HX
> features a Flash library that allows communications between a haXe
> written back-end and a Flash IDE developed front-end. Both AS2 and AS3
> are supported, so it is possible to create GUIs using Flash 9 Alpha IDE
> and Flex 2.

And I've heard there are plans in the works to make a full-featured
haXe backend such that you can develop full applications without
having to touch haXe at all.

-David R

On 8/31/06, Cliff Rowley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So HX is the successor to v4?  Shame for me, since I'll be saying bye
bye to
> Screenweaver and waiting for Apollo, but good luck in your ventures - I
> think there's a lot of value in it.
>
> On 8/31/06, Edwin van Rijkom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi list,
> >
> > We are happy to announce that Screenweaver HX - version 1.0 is now
> > available!
> >
> > Screenweaver HX is an (open source) extension to the haXe programming
> > language (http://www.haxe.org) for creating Flash interfaced desktop
> > applications. GUIs can be made using either haXe or Flash/Flex (both
AS2