the reason it doesn't work live but does on local servers has to do with loading time. Have your graphics load, then display them. Normaly what I'll do is a simple load, and load all the pictures before anything displays. I don't know of a way of watching the bits loaded of the graphic so I will put in my own load time depending on how big the pics are expected to be. Normaly is a single secound before I start loading the next picture. Once all of them have been imported then I start the display. Not all the pictures are loaded at this point, but the first few are, and by the time it gets to the others they will be loaded to. Control the graphics with AS. If you would like a sample of what mine looks like, send me an email offlist and I'll be happy to forward you a copy.

Daniel

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I have about 20 jpegs that are dynamically being loaded into a swf. These images are loaded one at a time, fade in as the previous one fades out, and then eventually the loop starts over again, loading the initial image. I am using the MovieClipLoader Class to load them. I am, however, running into an odd problem.
On the site's live server (Linux Box), the images don't always get loaded in to the swf and there
is just 'white' space.  I have this exact site on another hosting company's server (windows) and
the issue never occurs. To resolve the issue, I have even tried to use a "cacheBuster"
for the images (ex: image1.jpg?12345). This however still doesn't work.  I have also tried using a
"Windows" server on the live site, but it yielded the same result. In my mind. clearly
this is an issue with the hosting company?. Does anyone have any thioughts about why this may be
occuring?

Thanks for any and all replies.