Of the solutions that have been suggested, I think the most likely one is case-sensitivity. Make sure to maintain the same case in naming and calling the files.

It doesn't seem that loading time is an issue. If you're using the MovieClipLoader you're probably already using onLoadInit to display the new image. You may want to create a new loader for each image so that the current image isn't dumped before the new image is initialized.

The problem definitely isn't progressive JPGs, since it's working on the Windows server.

Marc