Sorry I should have looked before.

Cheers
Steve

On 12 Sep 2006, at 16:32, Robert Chyko wrote:

Gotta have the components in the library

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Stephen
Matthews
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 11:24 AM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: [Flashcoders] TextArea and TextInput differences in creation,
why?

Hi,
If I use this code below without having a TextArea & TextInput
component in my library the TextArea component creation fails.

import mx.controls.TextArea;
import mx.controls.TextInput;

clip.createClassObject( TextInput, newname, depth );
clip.createClassObject( TextArea, newname2, depth2 );

However if I put a TextArea component into the library everything
works fine.

Surely they should work consistently?

The ideal for me would be to just import the Classes for both of
these in my Class and that's it.

Please let me know if I am being stupid. Cheers =D.

Steve