I have always used MovieClipLoader for this and it seems to work fine - OnLoadInit() will run after the first frame has initialised.

On 29/09/2006, at 12:24 PM, Muzak wrote:

Are you using MovieClipLoader.onLoadInit()?

Muzak

----- Original Message -----
From: "Glen Pike" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2006 11:40 PM
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Controlling a swf loaded into a movieclip

Hi,
I have been doing something similar with a site that I am building. There is a "shell" application that loads up various swfs into a holder clip. The application needs to be able to talk to these loaded clips and do stuff to them. The way I have worked it is to load up a SWF which has a movieclip on stage linked to a "Page" class. When the page class is ready (see the setInterval call) it will call a function on the parent movie clip called "registerPage" at that point the parent movie clip ("ApplicationForm") can start calling methods on the class. I am not sure if there is a better way of doing this, but I have found that loaded clips seem to take a few milliseconds to actually initialise properly so that I can actually call my own methods on them - hence putting in the waitOnLoad function. If anyone knows how to do this in an easier way, please tell me.

Thanks

Glen