orry, I'm soooo rusty with math and hoping someone can push me in the right
direction. Right now I'm trying to figure out the radius of the 'circle'
that is formed while rotating, but that isn't going anywhere (fast anway).

Just to kinda repeat what everybody has said -- You could easily find the angle of that point, rotate it a few more degrees, find the right X/Y and be done with it. Using flash.geom.Point would make it a snap.

However, when rotating movieclips, there's the problem of precision like Mark said. Sometimes this won't matter, and sometimes this will be utterly important. I had a lot of issues with that on agenciatudo.com: the movement is done based on a given destination point and was "snapping" too much) until I realized the rotation's degree of precision was messing with my camera angles (which were 'correctly' set based on another of the image's axis. Since the image is pretty big (3000x1600) it was pretty messy.

Because of this, your *best* choice is to make a new point using the coordinates of your movieclip, doing a localToGlobal on it from the original movieclip, then a globalToLocal on whichever scope you wanted the coordinates to be. That's what I've done on my case and it worked perfectly. In your case, it'd be something like this:

 import flash.geom.Point;
 var p:Point = new Point(clipWidth / 2, clipHeight);
 this.myMC.localToGlobal(p);
 this.globalToLocal(p);

Then p.x and p.y will have the new coordinates.

Really, localToGlobal/globalToLocal saves *a lot* of time and avoids a lot of headache.

Zeh