I'd try FlashDevelop (at least for actionscript 2); you can still do the actual compile w/ the Flash IDE. There are a few, older tools, with actionscript 1 support, but I'm not familiar w/ any of them anymore.

There is also a partially working, but discontinued plugin for Eclipse, which can then be used in conjunction w/ the CVS or SVN "team provider" for Eclipse - also there is a commercial plugin to, its kind of expensive and I've never used it.

Hope that helps.

Andy Herrman wrote:
Forgive me if this has already been asked, but I didn't see anything
in the archives.

I'm new to Flash development and am working on both server and client
side code (FMS 2.0 and Flash 7+).  As someone who's used to doing Java
development using Netbeans I find the Flash IDE very lacking for
client side development, and there doesn't seem to be any IDE for FMS.

Does anyone on this list know of a good alternative IDE for Flash?
I've found a lot of references to using Eclipse but I haven't been
able to get the plugin to work correctly.

I'm specifically looking for something that can handle both
Actionscript 1 and 2 and can still use the Flash 8 devel environment
for the actual builds (I can't use MTASC).  Unfortunately it will also
have to be free, as I don't think I'll be able to get the company to
buy an IDE for me to use. :(

Is there anything out there I can use, or am I out of luck?  Right now
I'm just using Vim for editing the files themselves and switching to
Flash 8 for building, but the lack of any kind of project management
is getting annoying.

Thanks!

 -Andy

   Robert r. Sanders