Oh man you're in for a treat. You've probably seen all this already but:

* try typing something like "new mx.transitions.Tween". It's a god damn miracle. * Note that the code hinting and autocompletion extends to static methods of classes, interfaces, almost ANY .as doc in the project dir. I'm sure i type like 40% less now * For total flash IDE integration, remove the swf export name from your fdp project, change the class path of the compiler to the project dir (so you have to type new classes.myClass for instance), and load up flash 8 and your fla. Ctrl enter in FlashDevelop = Flash 8 test movie. * If compiling with mtasc, you can have trace() mask as another method, so if you have your own output/debug console, it's a cinch to have all your traces output there instead. Such an awesome thing if your app needs to be zincwrapped or somesuch to function properly.

FlashDevelop is, in my opinion, the single most important piece of open source software out there for flash development. I know a number of Norwegian studios are based *entirely* on FD and MTASC now, and my own is probably going to wind up there as soon as we move from an is-a to a has-a paradigm.

Nothing but love for the FD boys. Made my life miles easier

- A

Merrill, Jason wrote:
I just switched to using FlashDevelop on Friday, and just discovered
that among many other cool things, it provides code hints for custom
classes you write/import.  Supercool!!!!!  I hated having to go back and
open the other class and remember what methods are available and what
the arguments were.  I've been nothing but impressed with this tool so
far.

Jason Merrill
Bank of America Learning & Organization Effectiveness - Technology Solutions _______________________________________________