Hi,
very interesting, ill be sure to test this out!
greetz
JC

On 10/16/06, Dimitrios Bendilas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I had a really big issue recently, when I realized that the performance of
a large-scale game
I built in Flash dropping substantially after 1/2 hour of gameplay, to the
point where
the game became waaaay too slow to play.

After exhausting tests I found out that this was caused by the extended
use of Delegates
with parameters (I always make sure I don't leave garbage sitting around
when I destroy
objects of all of my classes, so that was not the issue).

Spending one week on this, I managed to spot the problem and find a
solution,
writing a new Delegate class that was taking care of cleaning up function
objects.

I thought this would interest quite a few people, so I wrote an article on
this. You can
read at www.zefxis.gr/article-delegates. You can also download the
Delegate class
I wrote and use it for you projects.

I would appreciate any comments on this!

Thanks,

Dimtirios