Hi,
where are you putting those commands? If you put them in onLoadInit it
should work:

mcl.addListener({
 onLoadInit: function(target:MovieClip) {
   target.stop();
 }
});

On 12/2/06, Micky Hulse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

Before I hit hay, I noticed loadClip() is causing my loaded swf to loose
control... I can't seem to tell the loaded clip(s) to do anything
(targMc.play(), targMc.stop(), targMc.goToFrame())... Is this normal
behavior, or am I doing things wrong (can post code later if need be)?

It sounds like I should be using loadMovie() if I want to target and
control the timeline of my loaded clips. From livedocs:

"This class [MovieClipLoader] lets you implement listener callbacks that
provide status information while SWF, JPEG, GIF, and PNG files are being
loaded into movie clips. To use MovieClipLoader features, use
MovieClipLoader.loadClip() instead of loadMovie() or
MovieClip.loadMovie() to load SWF files."

I really like the listener callbacks.

Anyway, just testing code... so not a big deal (other options are
available thanks to the kind peeps on this list), but for learning
purposes: am I correct in thinking that loadClip takes-away timeline
control of loaded swf's? Or, do I access the timeline in some other way
(i.e. something other than targMc.goToFrame(8);)?

Just curious if my sleep deprived thinking is on the right track... if
so, how do you handle similar situation?

Many thanks!
Cheers,

  Wishlist: <http://snipurl.com/vrs9>
    Switch: <http://browsehappy.com/>