Regarding performance, FP9 is showing some nice 3D potential (for a 1-2meg
VM):

http://www.papervision3d.org/demos/seahorse/

However, not sure how much this will help you with a data visualization!

-Scott

On 12/5/06, Christian Giordano <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you really want to get into doing 3d viz work, use Java and OpenGL -
> and skip Processing unless you just want to jump right in and be able to
> see your results faster.

As Jon says, OpenGL could easily be the best solution, or Java3D at
least. Look these examples without opengl:

http://jamesnsears.com/applets/spies/
http://www.acoustic-cartography.com/processing/

Then of course it depends which kind of application u r doing. For the
web, OpenGL can work but as far as I know only with client hacking.

Best, chr

: : ) Scott