ottocid wrote:

But I've been away from flash developing for one year. And I need to know if there is still the same request of flash actionscript programmers of last year of flash is becoming "obsolete", in favour of Flex or simply in favour of "classical" html/serverside applications, that are google friendly / accessible etc...

I can't speak for London, but at least locally here in Denver (Colorado, USAmerica), business is booming here--so much so that we have yet to stop interviewing and hiring strong ActionScript developers. If the market there is similar and you have some mad skills, I don't think you'll be hurting for work.

Speaking to the type of candidate that my company looks for (as a shop specializing in bespoke software development of the RIA flavor), I would suggest learning ActionScript 3 and mastering the nuances of the new Flex Framework if you haven't already, especially if you are planning on getting in on RIA development work.

That being said though, there's no lack of work in the rich media end of the Flash spectrum either, there's quite a few openings at some of the local design agencies around town, and they're looking for competent ActionScript developers too--there's quite a bit of demand for top talent--these days, you can pretty much choose what kind of Flash platform work you want to do. Taken in summary, I'd venture to say that the market for ActionScript is better now than it has ever been.

Jim Cheng
effectiveUI