I'm guessing you're using the version of IIS that comes with XP when
running locally.  That version has a very low limit on the number of
concurrent connections it allows.  It's possible that you're hitting
that limit when running locally (Flash might not be completely closing
the connections or doing other weird things with them).  I've seen my
IIS setup get messed up sometimes where it would think it was always
hitting the limit, and I'd have to reboot.

Try running it faster to the point where you get the error, and when
you do try browsing to something served by that machine in IIS and see
if you can get to it.

  -Andy