If it is a movie clip you want to instantiate then you have to use:
_root.attachMovie(libraryID, instanceName, depth);

The class associated with it will construct and the onLoad event will trigger if it is being listened to.

Ciao,
Rob.

sebastian chedal wrote:
Hello Flashcoders,

Sorry to bother you with another simple AS2 questions, I'm making good
progress but I am stumped with one simple thing.

I have one class/object that I want to use to generate copies [instances] of
another class.

The second class is an object in the library with an ID and an assosiated
*.as file [in the linkage panel].

The code is:
=========

//PostModel.as

import com.blabla.PostView;

class com.blabla.PostModel {

  public function createPost (__id) {
       var newPost = new PostView (__id);

=========

When I run this code, the class doesn't construct an instance...

What am I missing? If I need to call the Library Identifyer instead, how
would I do that?

I don't want to attach the PostView to the PostModel class, I just want to create instances of them and attach them to _root [or some other MC in the
timeline].

Thanks!!

Seb.