-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of sebastian
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 4:43 PM
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: [Flashcoders] AS2: capturing <a href="">link</a> events?

Hello again, a more difficult question maybe...

Is there any way for me to capture a user click on an href tag inside of
a CSS formatted html text field?

Here is what I do:
- CDATA formatted text in an XML file.
- load it and associate a CSS file to a generated text field at run time.
- resulting <a> tags have links assigned to them.
- user 'clicks' them -> event capture??

In other words: what I need to do is to hear the event so I can dispatch
an event to my Controller class [who then sends info to the stats class,
and opens a browser window with predetermined formatting].

At the moment I can't see a way for this event to be heard by my
controller. Maybe this is simple? maybe its impossible, or complex...
any ideas? Javascript maybe?

Thanks for your help!

seb.

DISCLAIMER:
This communication may be confidential and privileged and the views expressed
herein may be personal and are not necessarily the views of ReDIM.
It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient, please note that any distribution,
copying or use of this communication or the  information in it is strictly
prohibited.If you have received this communication
in error, please notify us by email ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) and then delete the
email and any copies of it.