Andrew,

 You don't need admin rights to run an .exe file. Typically, you need
admin rights to run an _installer_, but if your app is a single
self-contained .exe then there's no need for an installer.

 I have ScreenweaverHX/Flash apps running happily without admin
rights on Vista, XP and 98 as a standalone .exe (that self-unpacks
into a temporary folder to run).

 The other solution you might want to take a look at is Apollo,
particularly if you are looking at AS3.

HTH,
  Ian