I am getting increasingly frustrated trying to debug in the Flash IDE.

I see some, but not all of the variables I expect to see as I step through
code. Also, when I step to the next line I step to some unexpected line.

A google search throws up: trace(), step over/into/outof and our wonderful Xray
but nothing on making the Flash debugger do a proper job. Perhaps I am missing
something. Can anyone throw any light on this inadequate behaviour?

In desperation.

John