> That's a fair point. It's more the principle of the thing - it was
> frustrating not to be *able* to make it strict. But yes, leaving off
> the :Object would be a better solution.

Well, you can't do argument overloading in AS2 (nor AS3, I believe), so you can't have pure polymorphism in Flash the way you can in other languages like Java. Such is life.

Alternatively, you could write your own class for the argument that could be an array or an object and then cast it strictly as that class.

Well, it would work just as well to have

Class StrictArray extends Array {
}

Ought to work perfectly (although I'd be interested to see whether bracket access still works). But yes, why bother? :)

Danny