In FlexBuilder you should be able to do this by referencing assets in an SWC
made from your .fla (To do this in Flash CS3 check "Export SWC" in Publish
Settings)

However, there is a bug with the Flex SDK and CS3 SWC's. You'll need to
install the following patch if you want to do anything with the Flex SDK (or
FlexBuilder) and CS3:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb401493

Best,
Ed