and this

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrei Thomaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 3:42 PM
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] AS3 Classes and FLA not working together
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Flash Coders List <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>

Kenneth, you're right, sorry. I had some strange problems after uninstalling
the last AIR beta and installing the release version. One of these things
was that, when I published an app without a stop(), it acted as a movieclip
"flashing" on the screen. It works fine now (I cleaned and updated all AIR
pieces in last week).

best,
andrei

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 10:32 AM, Kenneth Kawamoto <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> No, what I meant was if you're extending MovieClip and placing stop(),
> then you can just extent Sprite and forget about messy stop().
>
> Kenneth Kawamoto
> http://www.materiaprima.co.uk/
>
> Andrei Thomaz wrote:
> > Yes, you can put "stop()" in the first frame and still extend Sprite. I
> > just think that this is a bit contradictory with the definition of
> > Sprite class:
> >
> > "A Sprite object is similar to a movie clip, but does not have a
> timeline. "
> >
> > And, in the Sprite documentation, stop() doesn't exist. Although that,
> > the stop() in the first frame will work, independently on the document
> > class extending Sprite or MovieClip.
> >

> > []'s
> > andrei
> >

> > On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 6:00 AM, Kenneth Kawamoto
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
> >
> >     Then why don't you extend Sprite???
> >
> >     Kenneth Kawamoto
> >     http://www.materiaprima.co.uk/
> >
> >     Andrei Thomaz wrote:
> >      > The only problem I had was that I had to
> >      > make it extend MovieClip, and put a "stop()" in its first frame.

Omar M. Fouad - Digital Emotions
http://www.omarfouad.net