Apologies if this has already been mentioned... I discarded some of the
original posts.

If you are using a timer with a delay that does divide evenly to your frame
rate, it stands to reason that some screen updates the item will have
traveled more pixels than others.

Example: Frame rate 24 fps roughly equals .042  updates per second:

Frame 1 (.000) : Timer fires at .02, .04
Frame 2 (.042) : Timer fires at .06, .08
Frame 10 (.380) : Timer fires at .38, .40, .42
Frame 11 (.422) : Timer fires at .44, .46

So in this example, every ten frames/screen updates you're jumping an extra
pixel. Therefore either keeping framelength % updatedelay = 0, or forcing
screen update with updateAfterEvent() might solve the problem.

Again, sorry if someone already mentioned this.

-jonathan

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 5:59 AM, EECOLOR <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You could create a bitmap using BitmapData.draw. Add that to your display
> list, set cacheAsBitmap to true and things should run smootly.
>
> Not sure if it works, but it is just another suggestion.
>

> Greetz Erik
>
> On 5/22/08, Vayu Robins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Hej.
> >
> > I am wondering if there is anything that could be done to improve the
> > panning/scrolling/tweening of the news items at the bottom of the this
> > page:
> >
> > http://flashkompagniet.dk/flash/main.php
> >
> > I am running a timer at 20 milliseconds Timer(20, 0);
> >
> > And the news items are being moved a 1px everytime the timer event is
> > dispatched.
> >
> > I dont think they are runnning very smoothly.  Is that just me or does
> > anyone else see that too.
> >
> > Can anything be done?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Vayu

-jonathan howe :: 404.434.2321 :: 180 High St Apt 26 Portland, ME 04101