> hmm yeah, not on my machine, and I have the flash 9 debug player.  I
> also saw the Adobe article to fix it if the log file isn't being
> created,

You can also just create the folder and an empty file flashlog.txt and that
should fix the issue.

> but I'm not going to mess with all that on my system to test
> Helmut's example.  Let us know what you find out.

No problem, thanks for trying though.

> Is there a reason you need to use the log file instead of the IDE
> debugger messages?

Most of the stuff I work on ends up on the web or uses some type of server
side communication where I can only test on a server. In those cases I can
still catch some trace statements from the browser by looking at the
flashlog file and see where the application needs some adjustment or if
everything has been successful.

...helmut