dear Glen,

there are some discussion about UPD sockets in FP10 in nui group forum:
http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewthread/1969/

UPD sockes woud be very important to the community integrating Flash with
other softwares, because OSC protocol is based on UDP. The current
alternative (using flosc to convert OSC messages to XML, and using a XML
Socket in flash) is slow, and a binary socked for communication with
PureData, TouchLib, EyesWeb, MaxMsp and other softwares would improve speed
a lot.

best,
andrei