Hi,

Thanks for the response - I am not 100%, but I have been reading around on this and it seems that Adobe have put the kybosh on people using UDP sockets if you read Tinic's response in the FP10 forums:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=72&catid=675&threadid=1373276&highlight_key=y&keyword1=udp

" The UDP protocol is not a supported user accessible feature in Flash Player 10."

   Sounds like it's proprietary b****x as usual then.

That's a pity, it would have been nice to connect to our own UDP server in FP, but looks like we will have to be writing UDP - TCP proxies...

Now playing with socket servers in PHP to benchmark stuff - writing, but not reading very well (seems that you can't open & close the socket on each loop, but have to keep it open otherwise flash throws a wobbly).

   Thanks

   Glen

Andrei Thomaz wrote:
excuse me, the correct thread is this one:
http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewthread/2137/

and check this link, too:
http://justin.everett-church.com/index.php/2008/05/16/rtmfp-in-flash-player-10-beta/

andrei