doing it this way creates a load of problems!

Thanks for your help!

SJM
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: H
  To: Flash Coders List
  Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2008 12:19 AM
  Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] AS3 accessing functions from other classes

  "Call to a possibly undefined method addEventListener through a reference
  with static type Class"

  I think you're calling these methods on the Class main_site.

  Try this:

  var main_site_instance:main_site = new main_site();
  main_site_instance.addEventListener("bk2globe", bk2globeListener);

  But, if you are having trouble with this, grab a copy of actionscript 3.0
  essentials <http://www.amazon.com/Essential-ActionScript-3-0/dp/0596526946>.

  Here is a short article that might help you:
  http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/quickstart/creating_class_as3/

  Keep at it!