Bo Parker wrote:
I have recently completed a project for a client that involved a heavy video component (by their request).

[snip]

The ones that weren't working were IBM thinkpads running a 1 ghz celeron processor with 512MB of RAM. That's the only thing that I can think of that is caused the hiccup.

According to the Flash Player system requirements[1], the minimum recommended config for stanard or hi-def video playback is a Pentium 4 2.33 GHz. Surely they understand system requirements? I think you have some ground to stand on, especially if they requested Flash and video.

I can only speculate - and it's a totally unfair judgment - but the first thing that comes to mind is they're looking to cut costs.

[1] http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/systemreqs/

-Jim