From: Anthony Pace [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: dinsdag 25 november 2008 16:01
To: Cor; Flash Coders List
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] as3 image loading and reusing amongst classes.
And listening to events fired by children.

I have done that , put when I pass the function...
newThumbNail(this.imageDataArray[this.imageDataArray.length-1]);

it still does not display my image as a thumbnail... I have tested to see if it is receiving the image data, and it is; however, for some reason, I can't seem to put it on the display list. I have added all children in order, and I am wondering what is going on.

private function onImageLoad(event:Event):void {
            var bmp:Bitmap = event.target.loader.content as Bitmap;
            this.imageDataArray[this.imageDataArray.length] = bmp;
            if (this.imageTotal == 0) {
                trace('we are getting this far');
this.BIPanel.newImage(this.imageDataArray[this.imageDataArray.length-1]); //this is the call to the first big image and it loads very well
            }
this.tPanel.newThumbNail(this.imageDataArray[this.imageDataArray.length-1], imageTotal); //............now this seems to pass the data but the image is not displayed in the child class of thumbs panel
           //thumbnailPanel class     thumbnail class.....
           //yet, I have added everything as a child of it's parent.
}

it still does not show up; yet, the subClass method traces out the bitmap data that was sent. What am I doing wrong? I need an answer bad. I used to be able to do this so easily in as2.

Cor wrote:
Put your bitmaps in a globally declared Array and they will be available
at
all times.