Wow, AS3 is different, even after reading Moock's book.  I'm sure this
is an easy question:

How do you reference sprites within a sprite in an event listener?

I have a child "allcolumns" within a sprite.  Within "allcolumns" are 50
columns (sprites), each named column1, column2, etc.

Allcolumns has an event listener:

private function changeChar(e:Event):void {
        e.target["column10"].gotoAndStop(5);
}

Result: ReferenceError: Error #1069: Property column10 not found on
flash.display.Sprite and there is no default value.

How to drill into what's in the e.target?

Thanks,
- Michael M.