From: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
[mailto:flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com] On Behalf Of Jiri
Heitlager
Sent: woensdag 17 december 2008 15:11
To: Flash Coders List
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Pixel precise

Casting to int is faster.

var tX:int = int(sprite.x)

Jiri

jonathan howe wrote:
Hi, Laurent,

You could use localToGlobal(), apply Math.round() to this global point,
compare the original global point with the rounded version, and then
offset
the child's coordineates by the differences.

Caveats are:
- if you do this multiple places in a display hierarchy, you'd need to
work
from the bottom upwards.
- during animation you're bound to introduce a certain amount of
jumpiness.