I've read that before. a couple of times. The question here is what happens
to frames after the playhead leaves, not when Loader.unload() is called. I
wasn't sure if each frame had their own display list or or just one per
timeline. It seems like the sensible thing to do would have been to make a
Frame class that extends DisplayObjectContainer where their display lists
were eligable for gc after the playhead left. I set up the test files with
the intention of seeing if fp9 acted that way or not.

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 10:55 PM, Jason Boyd <jayb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You are asking a key question with AS3. Cleaning up movie clips is *hard*.
> There is a list of things that must be done, and they've made it hard to do
> all that.
>
> Here's a decent place to start reading:
> http://www.gskinner.com/blog/archives/2008/04/failure_to_unlo.html
>

> 2009/1/14 Joel Stransky <j...@stranskydesign.com>
>
> > Are you saying display lists are persistent through an entire movieclips
> > timeline?
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 7:32 AM, Cor <c...@chello.nl> wrote:
> >
> > > If you declare target_mc in your Parent class and addChild(target_mc)it
> > > does exist everywhere.

> > --
> > --Joel Stransky
> > stranskydesign.com