> Ha.  Well great, seems my eclipse.ini file is missing - could you send
> me a good one (meaning good settings - I have 2GB ram) or copy and paste
> the contents into a reply and I'll make one with notepad and add the
> .ini extension?  Thanks.  I had done this before with the
> Flexbuilder.ini file because that had been missing too.

OK. On the desktop I'm working with right now, with a default
integrated install of FlexBuilder, here's my FlexBuilder.ini file:

-vmargs
-Xms128m
-Xmx512m
-XX:MaxPermSize=256m
-XX:PermSize=64m
-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

This machine also has 2GB RAM, and I haven't had any problems with it.
In the case of the integrated install, FlexBuilder will by default use
the JVM installed in c:\program files\adobe\flex builder 3\jre, which
is 1.5.0_11-b03. You can safely increase -Xms to 512m, which would
allocate all of that memory before startup.

> Also, my Eclipse seems to be in a folder at the same level as the
> Flexbuilder 3 folder -not IN the Flexbuilder 3 folder.  Is that a
> problem?  I can get Flexbuilder to run, it just quickly later on gives
> me a memory error and quits.

With the FlexBuilder plugin installed into an existing copy of
Eclipse, you typically have these two directories:

c:\eclipse
c:\program files\adobe\flex builder 3 plug-in

The FB3 plugin directory contains a subdirectory named "eclipse", but
that's not where Eclipse actually lives.

If you can, you might check your Eclipse configuration settings. You
can get to this by choosing the last item from the Help menu, then
clicking on "Configuration Settings". I'll email you the settings from
both installs on this desktop.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/