The queing loader sounds like something that could be usefull thanks!

Dennis

----- Original Message ----- From: "Glen Pike" <g...@engineeredarts.co.uk>
To: "Flash Coders List" <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 4:03 PM
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Smart Preloading

Hi,

There are a couple of sequential preloaders out there on the web - I think greensock did on, but not 100% sure.

It's possible that you can use these preload a list of movie clips in the background. I wrote my own before finding queuing loader before seeing the others, so I don't know if they implement the same functionality: to interrupt the preloading queue when a specific "level" is requested and put the loading of that to the front of the queue. If you are not stopping the things caching in the browser, you might take a small hit re-loading the required level if it has not reloaded, but that is all.

   HTH a bit

   Glen

Dennis - I Sioux wrote:
Hey,

Tried to use a UILoader to check the bytes loaded of a single movieclip(in the library).. but this isn't working.
Has anyone got a suggestion to check the loaded bytes of an mc?

Thought the LoaderInfo only reffers to the mc's owner.

Goal is to preload each game level seperately when it is needed.(if it hasn't loaded while playing the previous level yet).

With kind regards,

Dennis
Isioux

__________ NOD32 4013 (20090416) Informatie __________

Dit bericht is gecontroleerd door het NOD32 Antivirus Systeem.
http://www.nod32.nl