Karl,

   Some more information up front would have helped - I was assuming
you were using the Loader class in AS3, whereas it looks like you're
using a third-party ImageLoader class in AS2! Really difficult to
answer the question without knowing that!

Looking at Martijn's source-code, it looks a little like you're
specific width and height, which is causing your problem. I'd try
createEmptyMovieClip(), or just into something on the timeline with no
content).

Ian