A quick thought, Anthony... why reinvent the wheel?

Why not use Flash's built-in graphics.moveTo()/graphics.lineTo() etc.
to draw _vector_ lines into a Sprite (which will therefore be nicely
antialiased by Flash), then capture the results as a bitmap and paste
them into whatever BitmapData you are trying to create?

It will be a lot faster at runtime than plotting a line pixel by
pixel. Unless you have a specific need to do that!

Cheers,
   Ian

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 4:48 AM, Anthony Pace <anthony.p...@utoronto.ca> wrote:
> I already know how to draw shapes using the built in tools. and the math for
> it is not a problem in the slightest; yet, it is the anti-aliasing of the
> lines, when trying to draw them with setPixel() or setPixel32, that I am new
> to.
>
> Ron Wheeler wrote:
>>
>> You are on the right list.
>>
>> To get some help, you will probably have to give more details.
>> - 2D or 3D
>> - vectors or rasters - images or drawings
>> - what kind of shapes
>> - dynamic or static
>> - data driven or algorithmic
>> - user interaction desired
>> - low-res icons or sprites for a game or beautifully rendered images
>> suitable for printing
>>
>> Google is also your friend.
>>
>> Ron
>>

>> Anthony Pace wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am trying to draw shapes using pixel manipulation, and I am pretty sure
>>> I understand most of the concepts; yet, as I am pretty new to this, I am
>>> unsure how to go about doing this most efficiently in code.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have any links, tutorials, commented code? Are there tried
>>> and true formulae I should be using that you may know of? or should I just
>>> look at converting a library from another language because there is no point
>>> reinventing the wheel because the best formulae have been found? should I be
>>> discussing this on a different list?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Anthony