Hello Sebastien,
   Were it me, I'd go for either Papervision or Away3D.

   I absolutely wouldn't do it from scratch. There's already a lot of
time and effort been spent on these projects, so why reinvent the
wheel?

   Both certainly support 'skinning from images' (texturing).

   Morphing I am less sure about, but given they both handle
animation, I'd be surprised if they didn't. At the very least, you can
get hold of the mesh points and move them about programmatically
yourself.

  HTH,
     Ian