>>@jason: doesn't an upload through a webservice generate a lot of
overhead?

Well, SOAP in general is not the smallest web service protocol to work
with, being XML.  But the actual data for the file sent is still binary,
so we didn't notice any performance issues doing it this way.  With the
call, the overall size of the transfer was small because the SOAP
message didn't have to contain very much outside of the file binary
data.  That's my understanding anyway, I'm not a middleware or server
side guy, I primary just do client side coding with Actionscript and
MXML.

Jason Merrill

Bank of  America   Global Learning
Learning & Performance Soluions

Monthly meetings on making the most of the Adobe Flash Platform -
presented by bank associates, Adobe engineers, and outside experts in
the borader multimedia community - join the Bank of America Flash
Platform Community  (note: this is for Bank of America employees only)