stage.stageAlign = StageAlign.TOP_LEFT;
stage.scaleMode = StageScaleMode.NO_SCALE;

theStrings.x = stage.stageWidth/2; //this places the mc to the horizontal
center of the swf
theStrings.y=stage.stageHeight/2 //this places the mc to the vertical center
of the swf

or

theStrings.x = 0;//this places the mc to the most top left corner of the swf
the Strings.y=0;