Good to know. Thanks for all the responses. I learn a little more each day. :))

Best,

Karl

Sent from losPhone

On Dec 9, 2009, at 1:09 PM, "allandt bik-elliott (thefieldcomic.com)" <alla...@gmail.com > wrote:

yep - same in as2 and as3

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 5:21 PM, Dave Watts <dwa...@figleaf.com> wrote:

BTW, what is the point of braces if you dont need them, except the
separation of your code part.
Are they needed in some situations over others?

Braces let you build a code block containing multiple statements. If
you want to run multiple statements in the body of a loop, or
conditional, or whatever, or if you think you may want to do that in
the future, you should use braces. Some people prefer to always use
them, because they prefer the appearance or because they don't know
that they're sometimes optional. I'm in the first category, myself - I
always use them, because I think it makes my code easier to read. In
general, I prefer my code to be formatted vertically rather than
horizontally, if you know what I mean.

This is how braces work in all C-style languages I've seen, including
JavaScript 1.0+. I suspect it works the same way in AS2. It definitely
works that way in AS3.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/