From: sebastian
Sender: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
To: Flash Coders List
ReplyTo: Flash Coders List
Subject: [Flashcoders] problem with paths
Sent: Jan 22, 2010 2:16 PM

Hello flash coders,

Simple question I believe, but I'm having problems with a delivery of a
flash file.

My flash file loads an external XML and then from the external XML it
loads images, videos text etc.

It works fine locally and on our test server, however at the client's
server, which is on an intranet so I can't test or see what they see, it
doesn't load the XML...

I tried hard coding the paths that they tell me the XML resides in, and
they promise me that they have kept the file structure intact, and they
have also informed me that there is no cross domain going on... meaning
that the flash is being loaded from the same domain where the data is
being kept.

My question is: how could this not be working? My only guess is that the
file is being embeded in an HTML file that is NOT in the path of where
the files are being kept, but then my hardcoded full-paths should (?)
have resolved this...?

Am I right that I can replace: the load "/xml/data.xml" with
"http://domainname.com/flash/xml/data.xml"; and then load the SWF from a
directory like: "http://domainname.com/somsubdirectory/index.html"; and
get it all to load correctly?

Thanks for any insight or thoughts you can offer!

Best,

Seb.

Nathan Mynarcik
Interactive Web Developer