> People still look at it as non SEO friendly.
>
> they now want to do all future sites in html/css/jquery - powered by
> WPress or Joomla/Drupal.

I think for the type of site where html/css/jquery is enough to
implement it Flash is indeed a bad choice. What should be it's value
proposition in those cases? At best it won't get into the way. At worst
it'll increase load times, worsen SEO, break browser navigation, won't
allow proper page links, won't honour browser color settings, won't
degrade well, won't allow my adblockers etc... In my personal experience
I have seen far more bad flash sites than usable ones. Granted, we are
finally past the "skip intro" infant stage, but there is still a lot of
garbage out there.

Now don't get me wrong, I think flash fills a very important niche for
developing highly interactive, dynamic and media rich browser
applications. No other tool even comes close in the domains flash really
shines - but please don't think it's the right platform for every website.

best regards,

    Sören